Pedal E-Brake to Hand E-Brake conversion

I've got a CJ with a stick shift and the old-fashioned foot-pedal style e-brake. Needless to say, this makes certain maneuvers challenging to execute when on a steep grade and starting from a dead stop.

I want to jury rig some kind of apparatus to allow me to control the e-brake with my left hand. I'm thinking, something along the lines of a steel bar with a handle on top bolted to the pedal. The difficulty comes in, in fashioning an extender device that will give me both the desired control over the pedal and allow me to engage/disengage the brake release pull with the same hand.

Surely others have run into this problem... I was wondering if anyone had put together any specs/plans for the mods necessary to do this, or even better, knew of a kit for sale to do the job.

(For a variety of reasons concerning other mods that I have made to the jeep, relocating the brake itself or doing an actual mechanical conversion to a handbrake would be impractical.)

Reply to
lambeth65

L.W.(Bill) Hughes III