Pentration

Has anyone know of a good pentrating oil for busting the rustiest of nuts.

Liquid Wrench & WD40 are not quite enough.

Reply to
Scott

Approximately 8/8/03 17:26, Scott uttered for posterity:

Astroglide?

Reply to
Lon Stowell

That is awesome, I can't stop laughing.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Newton

PB Blaster is my favorite as well, but I was caught without some recently and borrowed some Kroil. It worked very good as well.

Chris

A mixture of 50/50 kerosene and ATF works good.

Reply to
Desert YJ

Agreed PB-Blaster is awesome. See my thread about the trackbar...

Reply to
Eric

Can't get PB Blaster at all here :-(

Reply to
Dave Milne

It will be tough to find, but I use OLD (Korea/WWII) Army surplus rifle bore cleaner. It comes in quart cans which I transfer to a squirter type oil can. It is really nasty stuff, so it's my last resort, but it has never failed. Careful with paint and skin. Your nuts will love it!

Reply to
Dana Rohleder

WD40 is not a penetrating oil...it stands for Water Displacement on the 40th try. (a friend of mine has a uncle that invented it) But, in all the years of working on automotive and heavy equipment. I have found that "Twister" made by ZEP is the BEST penetrating oil on the market today. The selling point for me was that if you spray the oil in the cap. Then put a bolt in the oil with only 2-3 threads...you can watch the oil travel UP the bolt!

Reply to
mrbx2

Just picked up a can at AutoZone... $3.99

Reply to
Joe

Approximately 8/9/03 04:58, Dana Rohleder uttered for posterity:

At a gun store, you might be able to find the same stuff in small containers, usually sold as a lead remover and lube. Can't remember if is Hoppes Number 9 or Anti-Foul.

Err, no thanks.

Good old kerosene with a bit of brake fluid ain't that bad...

Reply to
Lon Stowell

Hoppes 9 works well to clean residue but I've never used it to remove rust. :/

PB Blaster is what most folks use to loosen rusted bits. (or the local strip club) .depends on what's rusted.

Reply to
DougW

Yes you can.

Reply to