Pic of White Jeep w/black wheels?

Hi Everyone;

I was hoping you guys could help me out a bit. I have a white 97 YJ Sport with Grizzly rims (15 x 7 I think?) and P225/75R15 tires. Well it's time for new tires and I'd like to make things look a bit "cooler". Anyway, I've been thinkng about getting the AR767 black wheels. I've been talking to a local store that does lifts etc. on jeeps. He recommended I get the AR767 15 X 8 wheels with BFG AT

31/10.5 tires.

So, I was wondering if anyone has a picture of a white Jeep with black rims. Also, do you think that combination will make much of a difference in filling up my wheel wells? I don't think I have the cash for a lift at this point since I have 3 kids in college (it's like an open artery of cash flowing out).

Thanks for your help!

Joe

Reply to
joet11

Look at this one..

Ben

95 YJ 2.5L

Reply to
Ben

That Jeep is smaller than stock!

This one kinda looks silver...
Do it. hth, n.

Reply to
Nathan Otis

Black is blah. It's so 'in', it's out. Your white Jeep will look far better with white wagon wheels:

Aside from color, the shop's wheel & tire recommendations are good for your 97 TJ (you wrote YJ but you meant TJ, right?).

Steve

snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net wrote:

Reply to
Steve

If you have a '97, then its a TJ, not a YJ. If it has coil springs, then it's a TJ, if it has leaf springs, it isn't a 97, it's earlier, and then it is a YJ.

with Grizzly rims (15 x 7 I think?) and P225/75R15 tires. Well

That would look hot, or cool depending on how old you are.

If you really have a YJ, then those tires will be a tight fit, but they should be fine in a TJ.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

Thanks everybody for the pics and advice. I did screw up - it is a 97 TJ.

By the way I'm 47 so, I guess I'll have to settle for "cool" instead of "hot" :)

Jeff Strickland wrote:

Reply to
joet11

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Actually, it is Stock except for the Ford 8.8 I put in.. What can I say.. It is a project in the works.. It used to be my DD but now it is my toy... I have wheeled it.. Mostly mud and fire trails.. But I want to do more.. LOL

Ben

95 YJ 2.5L
Reply to
Ben

I wasn't bad mouthin ya, Ben. Everyone hasta start somewhere. n.

Reply to
Nathan Otis
31 x 10.50s will fit under a TJ with stock rims. It'll be cool. My first choice would be chrome though, not black.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

If I wanted the tires to stick out past the flares a bit, would it be possible to get 31's on rims wider than 15 x 8 without having to modify anything . If yes, any suggestions as to the proper rim and 31" tire widths would be appreciated.

Thanks Again

Joe

Reply to
joet11

If I wanted the tires to stick out past the flares a bit, would it be possible to get 31's on rims wider than 15 x 8 without having to modify anything . If yes, any suggestions as to the proper rim and 31" tire widths would be appreciated.

Thanks Again

Joe

Reply to
joet11

Sticking out is determined by the back spacing of the rims ; the more they stick out, the more stress you are putting on your wheel bearings and the more shit will fly off your tyres.

Dave Milne

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Thanks Guys!