pics of my jeep project up

pictures from prep to new paint and hardware. Pics take a bit to load I was too lazy to do thumbnails.

Reply to
Simon Juncal

Looks great to me Simon. Nice job.

Chris

Hey the paint job looks pretty good. Especially for an outside job.

Reply to
Casey Teague

On Tue, 28 Oct 2003 23:59:03 -0500, Simon Juncal shared the following:

Looks great. Holy crap, you weren't kiddin' about the old paint peeling off. :-) I used some Rustoleum "hammerite" kind of paint on my wheels so I know what you mean about the texture. Looks sharp!

-- Travis

meek shall inherit the earth. After I'm finished with it.:wq!

Reply to
travis

Reply to
twaldron

Wow, people must like your pictures...

Temporarily Unavailable

The Tripod page you are trying to reach has exceeded its bandwith limit. It will be available again in a few hours.

Thank you!

Reply to
TJim

bah stupid tripod... it's back up now.

Reply to
Simon Juncal

Yeah I've heard it called that. Although I don't think that's really a good description it looks kinda like peened metal. Stuff takes forever to cure.

Reply to
Simon Juncal

It has some warts. Overspray in a couple spots, and some sag spots on the grill where I should have removed the front bumper to get better spray angles. But the paint has so much texture that it just doesn't catch your eye like it would if it were normal 2 stage high gloss with a clear coat.

The key thing though is It'll never really be washed and waxed. I'll slap one coat of wax just to buffer the paint from the elements while it's in the last stages of curing but after that it's only getting hosed off.

Reply to
Simon Juncal

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

Thanks, I preped by peeling all the second paint job off, used 3m wax remover on the original paint, whiped down with xylol, then sanded in three stages 120, 80 and 60 grit. I sand blasted the rust spots. I don't know if I really needed the final 60 grit scuff, but leaned in favor of too much being better than not enough. Final step was a wipe down with tack cloth.

Reply to
Simon Juncal

That battleship grey looks a lot better than that blue that the Jeep was. Huge improvement. I wonder if black hinges might not have looked pretty good too. Anyway, nice job!!

Reply to
Rushfn1

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

Pretty cool, Bill! (Without a windshield yer gonna get bugs in your teeth!)

Reply to
Gerald G. McGeorge

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

Approximately 10/31/03 14:04, Gerald G. McGeorge uttered for posterity:

To borrow another joke: "How can you tell a happy _real_ Jeeper?"

Reply to
Lon Stowell

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)