Plastic valve covers

I've purchased many plastic valve covers in the 20yrs I have owned my CJ7. I have put silicone around the oil cap, made gaskets and more. I finally broke down and purchased an aluminum cover. Runs quieter and little to no mess.

Rhodkill '82 CJ7

Reply to
Ken

Too bad you went and spent/wasted all that money just to have a leaky valve cover.

I prefer my 'dry' plastic one. It only has the two center nuts holding it on too.

Mike

Ken wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

....yeah but if ya use an aluminum one it will run quieter...and everyone knows that if you can't hear the ticking...it must be fixed.......right??? ;-))))

....Gareth

Reply to
Gary Tateosian

Yes, but somebody here said that the aluminum valve cover runs quieter and cleaner...

Scotty '99 TJ Sahara 4.0L I-6 '99 XJ Sport 4.0L I-6 '03 BMW Z4

*** WARN> Too bad you went and spent/wasted all that money just to have a leaky > valve cover.

Reply to
Scotty

I was trying to save myself from snipped-for-privacy@mb-m27.aol.com, but wouldn't let me go...

| Yes, but somebody here said that the aluminum valve cover runs | quieter and cleaner... | | Scotty | '99 TJ Sahara 4.0L I-6 | '99 XJ Sport 4.0L I-6 | '03 BMW Z4 | | | Mike Romain writes: | || Too bad you went and spent/wasted all that money just to have || a leaky valve cover. | || I prefer my 'dry' plastic one. It only has the two center || nuts holding it on too. | || Mike || 86/00 CJ7 Laredo, 33x9.5 BFG Muds, 'glass nose to tail in '00 || 88 Cherokee 235 BFG AT's | || Ken wrote: | ||| I've purchased many plastic valve covers in the 20yrs I have ||| owned my CJ7. I have put silicone around the oil cap, made ||| gaskets and more. ||| I finally broke down and purchased an aluminum cover. Runs ||| quieter and little to no mess. | ||| Rhodkill ||| '82 CJ7

Line removed, hopefully under penalty of law...

Reply to
Joseph P

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)