Plowing

Hi ... I'm thinking about buying a jeep Cherokee or Sport mainly to use as for plowing my driveway. Any suggestions if this is a good move. We're not talking about plowing for money ... just my driveway and my neighbors. Will this work with a jeep .. If yes, any type plow preferably. Thanks

Reply to
ragebco

L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Works ok, does not like really heavy snow ie 12" plus of light stuff,

4"plus of slush. For that you need a 4wd pickup with sand in the back.

Keep in mind that snowplowing can really beat up a vehicle. A Jeep Cherokee is a unibody vehicle, there is no real frame up in front to mount the plow to. A Wrangler/CJ has a real frame, something to hang the plow on to.

Don't try to run anything over 6-1/2' Meyers or Western are the standard heavy duty brands, there are a couple of lighter weight and duty units out there. Snow Bear Snow Plows comes to mind, run about $1000 complete IIRC.

If you are >

Reply to
RoyJ

Check out

I don't have any personal experience with them aside from seeing a couple people with regular family sedans using them locally. If your driveway isn't a rutted mess this looks promising.

Obviously it's too light-duty to do anything else, but for clearing a driveway this works pretty good.

-Matt-

Reply to
matt borland