Plugs for Wrangler

Gonna change the plugs on my 2008 JK. Recommendations?? The cost seems to vary from about $2.50 to $14..... Want good plugs that can that a lot of slow, hot off road stuff as well as highway...

They probably don't need it right now ( 75K ) but I want to do them now while I am at the house with all the tools not in the desert house with few tools....

Reply to
D-R

Always been a fan of plain ol Autolite Copper Core plugs. Fairly cheap and I change them out about once a year. Keep the old ones just in case I break one trying to get that miserable pain in the ass #1 plug in. See they went up a bit $1.99, meh.. still cheap.

Generally stick with the stock heat range. I run 3924 (one heat range cooler) because of the blower. Never had a problem.

Reply to
DougW

I like NGK spark plugs. I use them in everything. Very good plugs. They seem too have a longer service life than most brands also.

Reply to
Mike

I've used the Champion Copper series in my 1988 4.0 for years. The older

4.0 in Jeeps seemed to simply eat any extended life (platinum) plugs and pretty much everyone on the old RAMJAW messages wound up using the copper Champions in the 4.0. I usually change them out at 15k or when I get the first signs of hesitation. I always have to check the number but 3310 sticks in my head as the best performing plugs in the 4.0. They aren't easy to find but the local NAPA shops either have them or get them when I need them.
Reply to
Will Honea