POR 15 suggestion

Easy ways to keep POR 15 out of bolt holes on frame? It has been suggested to put bolts in the holes, vaseline, or just re-tap the holes afterwords. Any other tricks?

Reply to
Kevin S

keep the brush away from the holes :-) sorry, couldn't resist.

I used normal masking tape, and folded over a lip on each end so I could remove it easily.

Dave Milne

Those squishy foam ear plugs.

-Brian

Reply to
Cherokee-LTD

What about stuffing a snug fitting dowel or something like that into the hole, that way you can go right to the edge of the hole.

I'd paint the stuff on, then before it dried, would remove the dowels before the POR15 setup (as long as the stuff didn't oooze into the hole, I don't know how much the stuff moves around as it dries).

Reply to
Tony

Chewing Gum HarryS

Reply to
HarryS

I just did mine with Durabak, but had Por-15 on the flat areas of the floorpan before I started: I just took a strip of masking tape, rolled it up into a little "doob" and stuffed it in there and painted around it...worked fine. here are some pics...

trailboss

what flavor??

Reply to
twaldron

Earplugs? Not a bad idea, I have access to lots of those things at work! I might just see if it looks like masking them off will work first.

Thanks for all the ideas guys.

afterwords.

Reply to
Kevin S

I would test them first. There might be chemicals that instantly dissolve foam, I don't know.

Mike

Mike Romain

Oh, I hate masking! The ear plugs work great on larger holes too... just smash two together and stuff 'em in. Like shoving marshmallows in a piggy bank.

-Brian

: > Those squishy foam ear plugs. : >

: > -Brian : >

: >

: :

Reply to
Cherokee-LTD

Are you all big into the piggy bank and marshmallows thing your side of the pond ? [scratches head - whatever will these crazy guys think of next ? ]

:-)

Reply to
Dave Milne

ROTFLMAO!!!!

Mike

Dave Milne wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

Reply to
HarryS

Reply to
twaldron

Me too...even tho I did just shove earplug dealies into thru-hulls on a boat to keep paint out.

Seahag

Reply to
Seahag

You have your haggis, we have our marshmallows in piggy banks... sometimes there are no explanations.

-Brian

Reply to
Cherokee-LTD