Potty trained jeep.

Yep.. the ZJ isn't marking it's parking spot now. First time I've ever seen a oil pressure sender pop the connection off due to an internal oil leak. Dang thing fell apart while I was removing it. (pictures later)

Knew it was going since pressure was fluctuating between

40 and 75. The ZJ bypasses at 70 so 75 is not possible without a lot of noise or a split filter.

Didn't notice the leak till backing out and seeing a spot on the garage floor. At first I thought the oil pan bolt was loose, but no. Looked up and there was oil on the filter. Yea possibly not tight. But it was. Noticed the rubber plug for the pressure sender was hanging out and a bit oily but just put it back in and cleaned things up. Started the engine to look for leaks and didn't see any till the rubber plug popped out and oil started dripping down on the oil filter.

Amazing the mess just a half pint of oil can make on the engine block, oil pan, transmission, transfer case, cross brace, etc, etc, etc.

Dang sensor costs nearly $50! Oh well.

Reply to
DougW

That happened on my YJ a few years back.

Earle

"DougW" escribió en el mensaje de noticias news:zdiVl.260$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe14.iad...

Reply to
Earle Horton