Power Steering Pump Mount

While changing a fan clutch, I decided to replace all my v-belts. While attempting to install the power steering belt, I went to tighten the belt at the pump and the whole thing flopped over. The mounting bracket is broken off about 1/2" above the inside (toward engine) attachment point.

NAPA does not have this part, and I do not know where to find it. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Reply to
randallbrink

This?

don't have one though, just the pic. Junk yard probably.

Reply to
DougW

That sure looks like the one, even though the model year is off. Mine is broken off just above the mount bolt hole where the tag is affixed in the picture.

No junk yard here has one; I have queried my good friends at BJ Motors, the "go-to" Jeep store hereabouts, and they allowed as how they thought they might have one--it would take some looking, and I'm waiting on that now.

Thanks very much, Doug. This picture might well come in very handy before this is over.

Reply to
randallbrink

The problem with those parts is they are usually cast aluminum. It's sometimes possible to rework them with the proper equipment or an odd material called alumiweld.

If you go this route it's a good idea to build a jig to keep the parts perfectly aligned while working.

Reply to
DougW

I was pleased and amazed to receive a call this afternoon from my Jeep garage and they have the part. I'm happy I didn't have to go the aluminum welding route. This part should be made of steel.

Thanks again!

Reply to
randallbrink