Power window problem w/ '99 Jeep Cherokee Sport

Question: Does anyone know the part that normally fails when the pass side power window on a '99 Jeep Cherokee fails. In this case, I can hear the motor spinning, but the window does not move. However I can move the window up and down by grabbing the glass. It is free floating in the track. Prior to failing, the windows would run up and down, but the movement was slow. Looked like it was living on borrowed time. Thanks. C. Briel

Reply to
carybriel

You probably have a problem with the window regulator. You may have broken the pivot that connects the window to the regulator. You will have to go in and inspect to make certain. If in fact that pivot is broken... don't just replace that component... you need to seriously look for the root cause of the failure. Probably the regulator has a severe binding problem or worn teeth if this has happened.

Professor

Professor

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Reply to
HomeBrewer

Thanks for the advice. Purchased the part and installed in about 20 mins (I guess I'm slightly slower than the experts!). Installation was surprisingly straight forward. Thanks again -- window working like new again! CB

Reply to
carybriel