Problem when push down clutch pedal

'99 Jeep TJ Sport - mostly stock

Today I'm driving along and then I pushed down the clutch pedal and it felt very tight and scrunchy. It has done it for the rest of the day after restarts, driving, being parked for awhile, etc. There doesn't appear to be any leaks but I will check tomorrow again.

It feels almost like there is a grapefruit under the pedal and I sort of squish the pedal down - there is more resistance than normal and it feels like it's "grinding" or "squishing" under my foot ...I'm not sure how else to describe it. I could also say it has a "ratchet" feeling - that clicking feeling but it's not a really pronounced ratchet feeling - more like a grinding if that makes and sense.

Any ideas? Air bubble, tranny fluid problem, leak, cylinder?

It's at 85000km right now and hasn't had a transmission flush. I know that

100km is recommended so maybe I should get one done?

p.s. the Jeep still shifts gears fine and there is no difference in feeling for the gearstick.

Thanks!

Reply to
griffin

One problem, I've seen is the clutch fork bends, losing some of it's leverage and begins to bind against the bellhousing as the pivot ball is on the other side from the slave:

God Bless America, Bill O|||||||Omailto: snipped-for-privacy@aol.com

L.W. (Bill) Hughes III

Some TJ's have issues with the plastic linkage at the top of the pedal. It can fail.

Mike

griff> '99 Jeep TJ Sport - mostly stock

Reply to
Mike Romain

Been there, done that. Its a small pop more felt than heard and then nothing on the pedal at all.

Been in the mud recently?

-jenn

Reply to
jbjeep