Problems in 4 Wheel Drive HELP

Getting strage vibration after rearending another vehicle (long story) detnting top of my bumper center left & on right side. The fog log light were wiped out and two small nicks were chiped on to either side of the grill. The fan was forced into the cowling but engine was turned off immediately. I later reversed and slamed on brakes and this alleviated vibration...temporarily. I thought I may have damaged motor mounts or 'torqued' the drive train. The sway bar (in front under the bumper) is damaged on the driver side and needs to be replaced. (Note: I have not used this vehicle for off roading and rarely used this vehicle in 4 wheel. It's a "97 TJ w/66K miles. The transmissipm & transfer case fluid were changed by me (inexperienced) 2 years ago.) Now, when I go into 4 Wheel it it is noisy, especiall when I start out in reverse and does not come out of 4 wheel when lever is returned to normal. Instead it 'POPS' out on it's own later or when I hit a bump. I know there is alot of possibilities to remedy this problem. Could you professors give me the easiest and cheapest fixes first? It's deffinitely winter here in Michigan and I do not have a covered / heated work area presently (garage is packed, lol). Thanks, Steve

Reply to
popeyeball

attnews