problems with Jet performance module

I have a 99 Dodge Ram 2500 pick up. Gas 2WD 360 V8 with 63000 miles. I installed a Jet Performance Module and immediately experienced a check engine light. I didn't drive it until I unplugged the battery (neg) lead for a few hours and then drove it. Once the truck was good and warm it wouldn't shift into overdirve. I changed the tranny fluid and filter and tried it again with the same results. I took it to a qualified mechanic who found a broken spring in the shift kit, a bad governor solenoid and a bad fluid pressure solenoid. The shift kit and solenoids were replaced, but it did have trouble again the next day. I took it back and the mechanic found that the factory solenoids were defective so he replaced them with higher quality after market replacements and it still has problems. I'm trying to find out if anyone else has experienced a similar problem. From what a transmission mechanic told me, he has seen this problem with the Jet module in another Dodge truck, but he couldn't remember what the result was. Thanks in advance.

Reply to
Joe

I recommend alt.autos.dodge.trucks for this sort of question. I assume that you have shift kit in addition to the Jet module. If you want to get help from Usenet, you have to list all your non-standard or performance enhancements.

Earle

Reply to
Earle Horton

Reply to
L.W.(Bill) Hughes III

Ya know Earle.... If it was me the first thing I would have done was remove the Jet Chip as there were no problems before it was installed, the OP clearly states everything happened 'immediately afterwads..

Reply to
billy ray

Reply to
philthy

That doesn't fix the "broken spring in the shift kit, a bad governor solenoid and a bad fluid pressure solenoid". I figure this guy and his mechanic are both clueless. I hope he took my advice and dragged his sorry ass off to alt.autos.dodge.trucks.

Paz,

Earle

transmission

Reply to