Problems with TJ headlamp/dimmer switch?

Hi Folks,

As anyone experienced problems with the factory headlamp/dimmer switch assembly? My head lamps appears to switch on and off if the knob jiggles. I think it's a bad contact. I sprayed electrical contact cleaning inside, but it didn't help.

The assembly removes, but disassembly doesn't appear possible (a sealed plastic molded unit). Has anyone taken this apart or fixed?

Jeep wants $75 for a new assmebly!

Thanks, Nick

Reply to
Nick Hughes

Nick Hughes did pass the time by typing:

Dunno, but try

pulled a generic headlamp switch and it priced at $57.81

Reply to
DougW

I got mine at Autozone and it was the exact same switch as came out of my Jeep down to the initials handwritten on the inspection tag sticker.

Jerry

DougW wrote:

Reply to
Jerry Bransford

My stealership only charged $64.60 for a $77.50 part. Number 56009869AB

Reply to
Scott in Baltimore

Reply to
Billy Ray

Reply to
Jerry Bransford

Reply to
Jerry Bransford

WELLS Not Yet Available

I had tried to look up his year/model and got the result above.

Reply to
Billy Ray

Reply to
Jerry Bransford

Thanks Folks.

seems to be morereasonable. I'll pick it up there.

Reply to
Nick Hughes

When I followed your link to AutoZone's web site and I entered all the necessary info the page came back as follows:

I am assuming that is the same screen you saw when you posted the AutoZone link.

Reply to
Billy Ray

They're likely just out of stock, that's where I bought mine from. The little note for that comment decoded to either not available or out of stock.

Jerry

Billy Ray wrote:

Reply to
Jerry Bransford

Nick Hughes did pass the time by typing:

The interesting thing about those folks is they are a dealership. Just one that doesn't believe in trying to make a killing on parts.

That's why I recommend them to folks.

Reply to
DougW

What ever happened to leon rosser?

Reply to
Scott in Baltimore

Reply to
philthy

Scott in Baltimore did pass the time by typing:

Dunno.

is pushing up digital daisies. :/

Reply to
DougW

I picked one up here in FL at the local Advance Auto Parts today. Cost me all of $16.41 & from looking at the old one under the dash, it's almost exact. Now all I have to do is figure out how to get to it & install it.

Reply to
FreebirdNFM

There is a hole or pin you push in from the back, then the shaft will pull out. Then take a large phillips screwdriver (#3) and it will fit in the nut in the front of the switch.

Reply to
Scott in Baltimore

Thanks for the help! Having been married to a car dealer tech for 20 years, I usually end up figuring it out. I just couldn't figure how to get the shaft out. Thanks again.

Reply to
FreebirdNFM