Question

Well I have invested a lot of money into some parts to put in my 1988 Jeep Wrangler. Namely they are a NV3550 from Advanced Adapters, a NP231 with a slip yoke eliminator, a CV drive shaft and a cable actuated front differential locking mechanism, however I have a problem. On my 1988 Jeep all of the yokes on the front and rear differentials and the transfer case held the universal joint in with clips and two bolts. All of the yokes were drilled and tapped. The dilemma is here. It seems that the yokes on the transfer case are not threaded. These two yokes at 1/4X 20 through holds. So can I use U bolts for the yoke that goes to the front drive shaft. If so what is the parts number.

They tell me that the CV drive shaft will be OK because apparently you bolt the CV section of the drive shaft to the yoke on the transfer case with 4 ea

1/4 X 20 bolts from the back side of the yoke. Does any one know if this is correct or not?

The also tell me that I have to cut a hold in the floor where the shifter boss come through because it is 1" off then the Peugeot. The problem is that did not tell me if it is 1" to the front of the vehicle or 1" to the rear. Does anyone know?

I will return to see if anyone replies in a while.

Thanks

Reply to
nvrpc

L.W.(ßill)

no, no need to, see below

This is correct. The front 'shaft should already have a CV joint at the T case. Your rear 'shaft should have come with new bolts to bolt it to the rear yoke.

I'm guessing it's 1" forward. You might get away with just putting a bend in your shifter. Or you could cut out both forward and back, won't the boot cover it?

  • * * Matt Macchiarolo
Matt Macchiarolo