Question about replacing rear tranny seal in 1999 Cherokee

I need to replace a leaky rear seal in the automatic transmission. Not sure if I have the 42RE or 44RE or AISIN MODEL 03-40 transmission.

My transmission has a metal cup that extends from the end of the tail of the transmission. The seal is seated in the tail inside of this metal cup. This cup makes it difficult to grab the seal with my seal puller.

Any tips on how to ID my transmission and how to pull that seal out?

Thanks!

Reply to
DJ

TRANSMISSION IDENTIFICATION

The transmission I.D. plate is attached to the case

(Fig. 2). The plate contains the transmission serial

and model numbers. Refer to the information on this

plate when ordering service parts.

Or get a build Sheet, at no charge, from your dealership's PARTS department or from Customer Assistance at the Jeep Web site.

Reply to
billy ray

"billy ray" wrote in

A 'build sheet' would certainly be handy for those of us with used Jeeps. Could you provide a URL for the Customer Assistance site where I could get one? I looked on jeep.com but got lost.

Reply to
Vito

You should get the build sheet in a day or two by return e-mail.

Reply to
billy ray

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Thanks much guys ... sorry to be so dense.

Reply to
Vito