Question from a lurker...

I am a regular reader of the posts in this group, and usually get all the info I need just from following the thread. I need an opinion(s) on selling my Jeep. Its a 1982 Cj-7, has a Chevy 350 w/an NV4500/Dana TC....I bought it for about $4900, but since '99 have put about $12k into it. It has 35" BFG AT's, 4 wheel disc brakes, custom drive shafts w/double CV joints,AMC 20/Dana 30 w/Detroit Locker in the rear and new gears in both f&r, full-floating forged axles, Softride Susp, new Bestop seats (f&r), new Mallory Ignition system, New Edelbrock 4bbl carb, Line-X'd the entire interior, new Tuffy console(replaced a couple of yrs ago after a break-in) and Tuffy fenderwell boxes....I know I am forgetting some stuff, but had all the work done through 4-Wheel parts and another reputable local place here in town...and get this, I have yet to take it off-road....it is about 95% complete with the remainder of the work needed being cosmetic. I bought it mainly to go surf fishing, but never have taken it, just too rough of a ride for my little ones, I have put maybe 5000 miles on it since '99 (honestly).....anyway, my question is, in you opinion, what would be a fair price to ask for this Jeep? I don't expect to even get 1/2 of what I put into it, but I really need to move it due to financial issues (putting my wife through nursing school). I know I'll start from scratch as soon as she graduates. I'd appreciate any input from you guys/girls.

Thanks, Mark

Reply to
M. O.

If you find the right crowd, you might get 10 to 12. That is one seriously built up CJ7!

I know I wouldn't sell my 'glass CJ7 for less than $12K US and I would really have to need the money before I even thought about it. :-)

Mine is just built 3" above stock with stock running gear..... Runs really good though...

Mike

Mike Romain

My wife graduated from nursing school last December, passed the licensing exam in January, and worked part time for about three months. I think that is all we are going to get out of her. States, cities, and hospitals keep griping about a "nursing shortage", but they are unwilling to pay what the job is worth, and working conditions just get worse and worse. Most employers won't pay for real continuing education, and it is impossible to keep up knowledge that you need to have, without it. I quit nursing school myself after three semesters, and switched to Spanish. If I needed a job, I think that I would be better off trying to pass as a Mexican waiter, than I would have been as a nurse. I don't need a green card.

You are better off keeping that Jeep, even if you never drive it, than you would be sending your wife to nursing school. Good luck.

Earle

Reply to
Earle Horton