Question regarding lift and track bars

Hi all,

I have a TJ that I want to put a mild lift on. Was considering the OME

2.5" but then I thought down the road I might want something a little taller. I am running 31's right now and am considering the Rubicon Express 3.5" Standard kit. All it has is springs, tcase drop, and sway bar links, and DT3000 shocks.

I am not fond of drilling anywhere on the under carriage frame or brackets so question is. If I get BOTH front and rear adjustable track bars. Will this avoid drilling on the track bar brackets? Stupid question from a newbie.

In addition, with just the components listed above, if I were to put on sway bar disconnects on, will I get too much articulation for the stock lower contrl arms and uppers? I certainly don't expect to get as much, but will I ruin anything by putting on sway bar disconnects and removing them when on the trail for added articulation?

Cost is an issue, and that is why I am fretting going to the full superflex system, as I would have to buy a cv driveshaft, adjustable upper control arms, etc, which sends this into the 2k range.

Thanks all!

Reply to
ULB

Yeah I drilled my front bar bracket and it worked all-right for me, but an adjustable front track bar would have been "proper". ( i should have done it). I have an adjustable rear track bar and its worth it. No drilling. If you drill the bracket for a 2.5" lift yer screwed going up to 3.5. Getting the adjustable front track bar would be better..

As far as the swaybar disconnects, I dont think there's such a thing as too much articulation, except if your brake lines haven't been lengthened. If those rip out yer screwed! I had built a custom set for my TJ but ended up taking them off because they weren't perfect, and I didn't really need them for anywhere I went.

As for cost being the issue, I must say that if you want it done proper ya gotta spend the money. My lift kit came with the transfer case drop spacers but it didn't help at all. So I bought the SYE kit and CV driveshaft (which needed adjustable upper rear control arms) and ditched the spacers. Of course 4 inches is more than the 3.5 yer planning.

Troy

Reply to
Troy

If cost is a factor have you considered coil spring spacers? A set of 4 is about $100 and you can install them in an afternoon by yourself.

As long as the spacers are 2 inches or less you don't even have to get new shocks..

Reply to
billy ray

My main reason for lifting is after a 9000 warn winch and some lights on the front the suspension is sagging pretty big. I now have 2 inch suspension in the front before it hits the stopper. :(

Reply to
ULB

Put a 2" spacer in the front and a 1" spacer in the back...

If ya do buy a new trac bar, stay away from Skyjacker trac bars...I recommend Rockkrwler...

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff (4X4PLAY)