Rag top question, rear sag - 97 Wrangler

Hi, I purchased a used Jeep having a soft top. Looking at the jeep from the rear looks like one of the rear corners are sagging when the top is on. One jeep passed me on the hiway and it looked real squared off and tight. I have what looks like 'J' brackets/brases that hook from the roll bar on each side of the rear seat. Is there anyway to tighten a sagging rag top? The top, fabric is a replacement top from Bestop. thanks, paul

Reply to
pbarton

L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Paul;

Your description sounds like the stock top. Look at the plastic dammits that connect the bows (braces) to the roll cage. I suspect that they may be deformed and can be replaced. Jeep dealer has new dammits, Sun Performance sells aluminum billet ones, too.

If the bows are bent, I have heard they are expensive to replace. The bows on our TJ make 90 degree angles with the J-bends.

Reply to
Greg Allen

Reply to
twaldron