Rattling near transfer case on '00 XJ? Missing bushing?

Hi all.

At idle while in drive (stoplights, etc), I have a hollow-sounding rattle from just under the middle hump in the vehicle. It was suggested by one person that this is because of a missing or lost rubber bushing somewhere near the under-vehicle linkage for the transfer case.

That being said, is this something that others have seen and if so, how easily is this piece fixed or replaced? Otherwise I have no rattles and this one can be fixed for about 2-3 minutes by pressing the transfer case lever (commandtrac) forward as far as it will go but after a few minutes it comes right back.

Can someone possibly shed a bit of light?

thanks Marc

Reply to
Marc

mic canic

Hi

thanks for the note; is this 'fix' inside the transfer case or around/on the linkage connecting the lever on the console to the transfer case?

thanks Marc

Reply to
Marc