Re: 1998 Jeep Cherokee Sport Question #1-Towing-Transmission

Sam, the Cherokee has an external tranny cooler and you won't need another to tow your motorcycle. It's rated to tow 5000 lbs, n worries. I used to tow my 3500 boat up and down the mountains of the SW US wit

my '89 Cherokee with the 4.0L and the same AW-4 tranny you have i

yours

Jerr

sam owens wrote

On Sat, 27 May 2006 18:26:32 -0500, sam owens > Well I am going to do the install or rather get someone to do it fo > me. My friend tells me it's a good idea to have accesory cooling a > matter of fact and they aren't that expensive > > I am planning on going to Colo, Utah, NM and Arizona so it's gonn b > warm > > Any Brands you recommend > > Sa > > > > Hi > > I have already found the answer to one of my towing questions her bu > I have more. The manual states: Transmission Cooler......Auxiliar > Cooler Required. I found what they are > > My question: Do I need one? I'm going to tow my 700lb motorcycl fro > Michigan to California in September > > Thanks > > Sa > > I have more question but that's it for no > > >
Reply to
Jerry Bransford

5000 lbs behind a 3500 lbs vehicle IS something to worry about and it would "suck" big time with a 5K load that has some frontal are. ANytime your trailer weight exceeds you vehicle weight you have to be extra carefull especailly with a short wheelbase like Cherokee.

----------------- TheSnoMan.com

Reply to
SnoMan

The 700 lb motorcycle in question does not weigh 5000 lbs. And fwiw, my '96 Cherokee (with aux cooler) also pulls my 3500 lb boat no problems. And with the new trailer with brakes, it also now stops no problems :-)

Reply to
bowgus