RE 2" Budget Boost

I have a stock 2002 TJ. Anyone running a Rubicon Express 2" budget boost on a TJ? Can I fit 32s with this lift? Will I get any flex, or should I get

31s? Will I have a driveline vibes with this lift? Any other catches, hidden expenses, or other things I haven't thought of? Thanks.
Reply to
J R

I just put one on my 98 TJ about 2 weeks ago. I really like it. I have 31" BFG AT's so I don't know about 32's. I've got plenty of room though.

Keith

Reply to
KH

I had a 2" RE BB on my '98 TJ for quite awhile (60k miles or so). I ran 31" TSL Super Swampers off-road, so that's nearly like a 32" normal tire when you count the actual size. I'd say you'd be fine running 32" tires with a BB. My tires rubbed by fender flares at full flex, but that wasn't a problem for me.

Every Jeep's different, but I don't think you'll have any driveline vibes. If you do, you can easily lower your t'case. My t'case wasn't lowered with my BB and I never had any vibes.

You may need an alignment post-lift and tires, but maybe not. You may need to factor in another $80 for that if that's the case. Also, figure in a few bucks for a can of PB Blaster. Spray the bolts holding your shocks with it (assuming you're replacing them - I did) twice a day for a few days before you plan to do the lift and they'll come off alot easier. Yeah, even on your (new-ish) '02 TJ.

Good luck!

Mark '98 TJ

ZeroCool