Re: 2002 Liberty Stalling

Hey Rob,

Sounds like the injector seals are sucking air. Have them replace the o-rings on them.

Luck, Brian

It's been happening when I'm either stopped or almost stopped. When the > RPM's get to around 1k, the tach usually drops down to around 300-400. The > Jeep will then sputter or stall. > > I assume the dealership did check that out the battery terminal, but I'm not > sure. > > I've left it with them for a week or so. They gave me a rental to use until > it gets fixed. > > Thx! > > -Rob > > > exactly when does the stalling occur > > did anyone check the battery connections?? > > > > Rob Douglass wrote: > > > > > Hi, > > > > > > My 2002 Liberty is having chronic stalling problems. I've done some > > > reasearch on the 'net and saw that this is somewhat of a common problem. > I > > > coud not, however, find any solutions to the problem. > > > > > > I've had the vehicle into the dealership 3 times and they cannot seem to > > > find the problem. The local service department contacted Jeep > Engineering > > > and were told to replace the Crankshaft Position Sensor. This was done > > > today, but I had the vehicle stall twice on me since. > > > > > > There are no error codes showing and the dealership cannot find any > problems > > > using the diagnostics. I even had a co-pilot device installed for a few > days > > > so that I could record engine information when the problem occured. > > > > > > Does anyone know of a solution to this problem? I'm really concerned for > > > safety reasons as it has been stalling while driving through > intersections > > > and has come close to causing accidents. > > > > > > Thanks! > > > > > > -Rob > > > > >
Reply to
Bulletsnbrains