Re: CJ-7 Driver's Side Lean

I just replaced my stock springs on my 86 CJ-7 . . . The Jeep still has a

slight lean (1/2 to 3/4 inch lean)to the driver's side . . . Does anyone have any thoughts

on what it could be?

They all lean a little to the left. In the older CJs with the gas tank under the driver's seat it was commonly attributed to the weight of the fuel. However, even the later CJs with the tank in the rear do the same thing. For those, its been said that it might have something to do with the engine being slightly offset to that side. I'm not sure that anyone really knows.

My cure: took my springs to my local spring shop and had the left springs re-arched slightly. Now it sits level.

Robert Bills KG6LMV Orange County CA

Robert Bills

Except Bill's, which leans pretty strongly to the right. ;^P

Reply to
TJim