Re: Optima battery

Yellow tops are quite a bit more expensive than the Red Top variety, your pricing seems about average for mail order. Depending upon which town's nearest you, Optima batteries are being sold over the counter by many chain parts stores now. I'm not sure what kind of rig you have, but if it's an XJ be sure & get the short one.

Where's the cheapest around? The battery n my 95 just died with the cooler > weather and I'll go with a Yellow Top to match the 89. I'm in the boonies > in Idaho, so I pretty much have to go with internet/mail order anyway. > Quadratec has em for $169. I bought mine for $113 but I can't remember > where - DOH > >
Reply to
Gerald G. McGeorge

Batteries Are Us:

has a D750S Yellow Top for $139.99 and, best of all, free shipping. I got my Red Top for my Mustang from them and had a smooth and easy transaction.

Dave

Reply to
Mighty Monad

summit racing has the red top for $85 for top post $88 for top & side -

Definitely the best deal going !

Reply to
John B. Parisi

What's the draw to Optima vs any other battery?

What makes them better and more desireable than a regular battery?

thanks,

bill

Reply to
William Oliveri

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

"William Oliveri" asked:

What's the draw to Optima vs any other battery? What makes them better and more desireable than a regular battery?

They don't leak battery acid when you tip or roll over. Its a safety thing.

There are less expensive conventional batteries with greater load ratings, better buys for onroad vehicles, but I wouldn't have one in my trail rig.

Robert Bills KG6LMV Orange County CA

Robert Bills