Re: Winter tire in 33x16 size - Yokohama Geolander I/T+ or Bridgestone Winter Dueler?

I run Nokia snow tires on my XJ in the winter, Last winter I barely used 4x4 at all, except for 3 mornings during the ice storms Mike R. mentioned. and that was more to drive down my street (new subdivision and plowing was hit and miss at best) or to get unstuck from the bottom of my driveway (had to use 4 lo one day). During this time my baby LTD just sat in the driveway.

Snow...

Any Jeepers running either of these this winter? Seen them? Know > anything at all about them? > > I am looking for winter specific tires for my 80 Series Land Cruiser > that are 33 inch OD (285/75R16) - there are not too many choices in a > pure winter SUV tire that big ;( > > The Geolander I/T+ is available in sizes up to 315/85R16 (35 inch OD). > I have not read anything about tread wear and handling > characteristics. >
for general info>
for full sizes and specs.> > I don't really want the Bridgestone Winter Duelers due to their > excessive wear rate and squirrely handling on dry pavement, though > they reportedly stick to snow and ice "like a tongue to a frozen > flagpole". They are _apparently_ available in a 33 - the 265/75R16 is > shown as having a 32.7 inch OD - but I haven't been able to confirm > that OD. It does not compute to me that the OD and tread width would > be as large as is claimed for that size on the data page. Bridgestone > won't answer my emails, and my local dealers don't know squat about > this. >
> Thanks - I would appreciate some help in this matter - I just moved > from the mild coastal region of Puget Sound to a hilltop neighnorhood > in this very snowy climate, and in a couple of months I will need to > get the MT/Rs off and some good snow tires on. > > John Davies > Spokane WA USA
Reply to
Snow