Rear bumper shackles

OK, this may be a dumb question (like most of mine), but here goes:

I plan on getting a nice rear bumper since mine is all bent and wrecked from someone obviously abusing it. First off, which is the best to get? I love the style of the double tube (I have a double-tube hoop on the front), but it seems impractical for pulling people out. I'd like to mount a trailer hitch on there for towing small trailers and stuff, as well as two tow hooks. So, I'm leaning more towards something like this:

not quite as crazy or expensive. I've seen alot of Jeep pictureslately with those giant shackles on the rear bumper (these:
I'd like toprobably go this route unless anyone has a better way of doing it. I havesome good towhooks but they just don't mount very well on rear bumpers.However, I'd really NOT like to spend $40 USD per receiver shackle. So, question #1 - what's the best rear bumper option? #2 - what's the best recovery option or a cheaper way of using the shackles?

Thanks!

Reply to
griffin

altho not quite as crazy or expensive. I've seen alot of Jeep pictures> lately with those giant shackles on the rear bumper (these:>
I'd like to> probably go this route unless anyone has a better way of doing it. I have> some good towhooks but they just don't mount very well on rear bumpers.> However, I'd really NOT like to spend $40 USD per receiver shackle.>

I've been looking into replacing my rear bumper also but not for the same reason. I'm looking to get the spare tire off the back door to save the hinges. This is the best price I've found on that combo but I've never heard of this outfit. Anybody else ever hear of LoD?

L8r - Jersey

Reply to
Jersey