Rear window / snow

Ok, I just got my Wrangler ('04) a few weeks ago. Today we had the first "real" snow since I got it. Handles great. But has anyone else had a problem with snow packing down the back of the rear (soft top) window while driving? I've also noticed it do the same thing with rain, but it doesn't matter as much since I can see through rain. Is there any way to deflect the snow to the sides, or away from the rear window itself? Or do you just deal with it and use the side windows to see what's behind you? (Side windows worked fine, would just be nice to have the added visibility straight behind).

Thanks, TJ Girl

Reply to
TJ Girl

It is the nature of a square backed vehicle to pack up the rear window with snow, that's why they come with 2 outside mirrors and the newer hardtops have a wiper.

Warning!!! Be careful some well meaning passenger doesn't go decide to clean off that back window for you! One quick shake to knock loose the snow equals one shattered back window!!

Mike

TJ Girl wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

Thanks for the reply. I have noticed that the side mirrors are MUCH more effective than those I've had in previous (non-Jeep) cars.

Thanks for the warning about shaking the back window.

TJ Girl

Reply to
TJ Girl

Yep the rear of the square backed TJ does get a LOT of snow in the winter.

See:

alt.binaries.pictures.autos.4x4

for a snow packed rear photo. Hardtops with rear wiper/washer are sure nice in the winter.

:)

I tried to post it once, but it didn't show up. Just tried again. Hopefully it will show up.

Tom

Reply to
mabar

You can make them even more effective if you get a couple of those 2" diameter, convex, stick on mirrors available at any auto parts store, Wal-Mart, K-Mart, etc., for about a dollar or two each.

Put one on each mirror on the very bottom outside corner of each mirror.

The really help you to see vehicles that are right next to you on either side.

Tom

Reply to
mabar

I have done exactly that because one day I came very close to knocking somebody as they were in my blind spot on the motorway. I can adjust them to give me an idea of where my rare wheels are exactly when I am off-road to avoid really sharp objects on a tight turn without sticking my head out of the door.

TW

Reply to
TW