Rear wiper

Is there any way to adjust the tension on the rear wiper for a TJ hardtop wiper? Mine seems to no longer press down on the window sufficiently.

Thanks Joe Carroll

2K-TJ

There are some simple truths...And the dogs know what they are." Joseph Duemer

Reply to
Joe Carroll

-- msosborn at msosborn dot com

Reply to
Matt Osborn

I thought there was a spring in the arm?

Carl

Reply to
Carl

Yes, but it isn't adjustable. I lubricate my wiper arm hinges at least once every year, 3 in one oil on the hinge pin and between the hinge block internal to the arm. The hinge block is the major culprit.

-- msosborn at msosborn dot com

Reply to
Matt Osborn

Thanks , I'll give that a try. Joe Carroll

2K-TJ

There are some simple truths...And the dogs know what they are." Joseph Duemer

Reply to
Joe Carroll

Joe Carroll proclaimed:

For a bit longer lasting lube, mix STP oil treatment with about one quarter part engine oil and a couple caps of Marvell Mystery oil. Helps the STP flow into tighter places, from which nothing will ever get it out.

Reply to
Lon

Thanks for the hint, I used Break-Free for that same reason, seemed to work very well. Joe Carroll