Recessed LED Tailights?

Time for me to redo the taillights on my Project CJ Jeep-Deere.

Any point me to a source of LED taillights for recessed mount?

Reply to
Jeepers

It took nearly 7 seconds to locate this on google (hint)

"Jeepers" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@corp.newsfeeds.com... : Time for me to redo the taillights on my Project CJ Jeep-Deere. : : Any point me to a source of LED taillights for recessed mount? : : :

Reply to
Cherokee-LTD

Sorry I bothered you.

Reply to
Jeepers

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

I know nothing about getting the lights, but mounting them is easy enough that I don't think you will find any directions anywhere.

I recently flush mounted the stock tail lamps on my CJ.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

There's a guy who sells the good, BRIGHT ones on E-bay for far less than you can normally get them for. I know folks who've bought them, they're high quality. If you're interested, let me know... I'll find his name again. td

Reply to
Tyler Dirden

Thanks, I'd like that. I'm looking at all my options.

Reply to
Jeepers

Jeepers did pass the time by typing:

Wheelen makes some real bright ones for the cops. Not sure about your application though. I have seen these at truckstops in all sorts of sizes. Some are even modular so they can be replaced easily.

DougW

Muchas gracias.

Reply to
Jeepers

Jeepers did pass the time by typing:

Denada.

Reply to
DougW

Oh, c'mon now, Doug... it's a little Nada, doncha thing?

Anyway... the link:

This auction is ended, but that's the seller you're looking for. good luck td

Reply to
Tyler Dirden

Brand Howard

Brand Howard

Thanks! These are what I was looking for. 61 LEDs per light with the rubber grommit fit.

Reply to
Jeepers

How are you going to light up your license plate?

Mike

Mike Romain

I left my plate in the factory location for the time being and have not been hassled by the police about it yet. I am going to address the license plate light when I build my front and rear bumpers.

Brand Howard

Brand Howard

I highly recomend these lights. You can either get them from Jay at

or

Brand Howard

Brand Howard

Since I haven't decided where the plate is gonna go, I'm not sure yet. I'm looking at inside the spare, but I wanted a third TL there. Then, there is on the bumper, in which case I'll use a small LED or bulb pointed at it. This is a build from the ground up and I'm also moving the fuel filler to the side. I had filled the fuel hole, old spare rack holes and taillight holes in order to install "custom" strip style leds but I decided that the strip LED were going to be a monumental installation pain:

http://64.91.240.195/index.php?cPath=26_34&osCsid=3ddddb4851ca159534846de0dd278c6f

I'm going to start on the tub soon. Currently it's hanging from the rafters in my shop by tie downs. I gotta cut the tail light and fuel filler holes. Add the Warn rocker guards. Cut the hole for the heater fan upgrade. Finish the shifter fitting hole. Then all the pieces are going to a painter for primer and a coat of green. Then I havta decide where to herc and where not to herc. Then reassemble. But first I have to finish the frame. All it needs is a fuel pump, filter and a reroute of one line for the MPI. Then there is the issue of my hydralic cluth not lining up with the fork, then...

Jeepers

You need to consider your side marker lights, too. There are LED lights that will serve this purpose pretty well, too. Just don't forget it or you may find yourself on the wrong side of inspection or a gentleman in a patrol car... ;-)

Reply to
TJim

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)