Reinstalling Seat Belts and a broken bolt

I removed the seatbelts to have the Rhino liner sprayed in. Is there a trick to getting the belts to release so that I have enough slack to re-install them?

One of the bolts for the rear seat mounting bracket snapped off during removal. If I need to completely drill this out and have the mounting nut removed from the underside, would placing a similar bolt and nut config be safe? Or should I have one tacked back on to the bottom?

Dave - '98 TJ

Reply to
Dave Sturgeon

Hold them perfectly vertical as if they were mounted in the Jeep. There is a mechanism inside that locks the seat belt up under enertia or if the mechanism is tilted.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Bransford

The seatbelt mechanism must be in the same orientation as it would be installed. Once oriented the correct way, "play" with it so it will release. Just ran into the same thing a couple of weeks ago after I hurc'ed my tub.

Take it easy, Zak

Dave Sturge> I removed the seatbelts to have the Rhino liner sprayed in. Is there a

Reply to
none