Remove fuse panel from 91 Jeep Cherokee?

I removed the torx screws from the fuse panel but the fuse panel doesn't want to come out. I've read that it may be glued onto the firewall?

The only reason I want to remove it is to cut the hot lead to the power antenna (which is borked so that it continually cycles)so that I can use my sunroof which is running off the same fuse.

Thanks in advance.

Bill2

Bill2

Probably easier to unplug the antenna power connector or cut the power line. Just pull the fenderwell cover and chase the wire back from the unit.

Reply to
DougW

Reply to
LW(Bill)HughesIII

Bill,

I seem to remember that when turning the radio on, the antenna mast would extend and when turning the radio off it would retract, but this was when the antenna mast was still functional. Now that it's not functional the antenna mast motor continuously cycles, regardless of whether the radio is on or off.

I'll try yours and Doug's idea out though.

Thanks

"LW\(Bill\)HughesIII" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

Doug2

Basically the antenna gets power from the fuse and ground from the radio. Grounding the radio connection raises the antenna.

The antenna motor unit and internal wiper doodad has gotten corroded or full of salt and is messing up. Sometimes it can be taken apart and fixed, but generally a new antenna unit isn't that expensive. You could take it out compleatly and install a fixed antenna for even less.

I've fixed mine twice and installed a seperate switch to disable the antenna since it's rare I use the radio. Mostly CDs these days.

Reply to
DougW