Removing a lift, who wants some?

I'd think that all of the regulars know, I'm taking it down. You know, 76 jeep CJ-7, lifted, big tires, blah, blah, blah......

I know some of what I need for it: Springs, shocks, and a pitman arm. What about the transfer case? I saw on one of the websites that there was some kind of tranfer case lift accessory. I guess I'm just asking what else do I need to bring it down? I have a shot at getting my hands on some stock leaf springs, but it's not for sure yet.

Question number 2, since I see that there are people lifting their jeeps, does anyone have the stock pieces that they would let me have for a reasonable price? Or, option B, would anyone consider a trade for the springs and suspension parts that I need? I'm going to need to get something out of the 35" tires and the American Racing wheels.

Finally, the best possibility, I'd like to have a bare frame that I can start with. I know that I can buy a new one - it's just a little too expensive. The ideal situation would be to acquire a 1981 or older CJ-7 that has a good frame (at least salvagable) and a rusted out body, no engine required - I have everything else, I just need a frame and suspension with a clear title.

Thanks,

Chip

Reply to
Chip

L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

And miss all of the fun of restoring it myself? I'm thinking that it would take too long to find a trade with the options that I'd like. I like the fiberglass body, I like the fact that it has a 360 V-8 in it. I guess a 6 cyl would be alright. I did get this from a family friend for a good price - I would not discount a trade of it were presented to me, I'm just not going to beat down doors looking for one. There are a few things that I do not care for, but a jeep in the garage is worth more than 2 in the neighbor's driveway, isn't it.

Chip

Reply to
Chip

First off, why do you need the frame? Is yours rotted out?

Second aren't you the gent with the spring over? If so, 'usually' they just leave the stock springs in there and flip the axle. Are you sure you need replacement springs?

Mike

Chip wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

I would not say that it is "rotted out". there is some rust through and the biggest problem is that some made a feeble attempt to repair it by welding some metal strips in the rear over the axle. I would probably remove mine and repair the one that I have and re-sell it. I could tear the whole thing down, fix the frame and build it back up again. I do not want to do it that way.

I dont have a spring-over. I'm the gent with the high lift and the big tires that I'm trying to take down.

Chip

Reply to
Chip