Removing CJ7 Dash Knobs

OK, In the middle of a Rolling Nightmare, but I THINK I'll live thru it...

I'm trying to remove the factory dash knobs with Stainless Knobs from (everybody say it with me) JC Whitney.

How in God's name do you get the pulls for the Vent/Temp/Defrost off. It looks like they used SuperGlue to lock them on the metal pulls!

Thanks in advance for the info

Reply to
JeepGuyMike

A few years ago, my vent knob on my '84 CJ snapped off and I had to replace the whole frickin' cable. What year CJ is yours? I'll look to see if mine is even removable. Pete

Reply to
Peter Stolz

Did you rememebr to check for the little (and sometimes hard to see) set screws that are used to hold the knobs onto the cable? You'll need a pretty small allen wrench to loosen them. No matter if they are JC Whitney or factory - I think that's the trick!

Good lucK

Lynn in Vancouver

Reply to
lynnhowlyn

My 86 has a locking tab on the back of the knobs that must be pushed forward with a small screwdriver or strong fingernail from the bottom to release them, all except the headlight switch which is a rod with a button on the back of the switch to release it.

Mike

86/00 CJ7 Laredo, 33x9.5 BFG Muds, 'glass nose to tail in '00 88 Cherokee 235 BFG AT's - Gone to the rust pile... Canadian Off Road Trips Photos: Non members can still view! Jan/06
Mike Romain