Removing Inner Door Panels on '97 TJ ??

Greetings All,

I have a '97 TJ with a problem on each door. I want to take off the beige plastic inner door panels. But how ? These are the full metal doors.

I see the various screws, the catch is the door handles. In most vehicles they can be pried off. How to take them off on the TJ ? Also any tips on removal/re-install on same panels appreciated. Understand, I'm only so cautious 'cause I luv my Jeep that much !

TIA,

Andrew

'97 TJ Sahara Reticulum

Remove "your.hat" when replying via e-mail

Reply to
Reticulum

There's a small "c-clip" on the inside of the handle... If you run a face cloth back and forth through there shoe-shine style, you'll catch the clip and it'll pull off... it may shoot out and fly pretty far, so try to keep an eye on it. Then remove all those screws and the panel pretty much pops off. td

Reply to
Tyler Dirden

Reply to
David C. Moller

Yeah they make a tool for it... It's called a face cloth. :-) td

Reply to
Tyler Dirden

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

That's funny, cause I could swear I got the rag idea from you... Hmmm. td

Reply to
Tyler Dirden