Removing Rear Seat Belts

I removed the rear seat on my '04 TJ and when I pulled up the carpet to remove the center seat belts and bracket I found what appears to be a huge torx headed bolt holding the assembly down. I've got a few torx screwdrivers, but this is way larger than anything I've got. I suspect I'm going to have to get something to use with my 3/8" driver. Any idea what size this monster is?

Reply to
Frank_v7.0

L.W. (Bill) Hughes III

Lisle has a kit with a bunch of different sized bits that fit in a socket that comes with the kit. I got mine at Sears, I think.

Earle

Reply to
Earle Horton

Reply to
Frank_v7.0

Reply to
The Merg

I picked up a T50 to take mine out ('98 TJ though) before I had it rhino'd.

Reply to
Harkin

Speaking of Rhinolining, I'm thinking of Herculining the YJs. Anybody have any experience with it?

Hark>> I removed the rear seat on my '04 TJ and when I pulled up the carpet to

Reply to
The Merg

at least on a 98 its either a T50 or a T55.

-jenn

Reply to
jbjeep

I Herculined my 04 TJ did the interior with 3 coats including the door sills. It still looks great and has held up to the mud and water. It took a one gallon kit to do the job just make sure you follow directions. A friend did his TJ but did not take his time to use the proper cleaner (xylene) along with proper scuffing and it pealed in areas. If you do it in the summer it only takes about 2 hours between coats. Stripped out the interior on a Friday and by Sunday afternoon put everything back. I also bought an extra quart and did the fender wells.

Coasty

Reply to
Coasty

I Herculined my 04 TJ did the interior with 3 coats including the door sills. It still looks great and has held up to the mud and water. It took a one gallon kit to do the job just make sure you follow directions. A friend did his TJ but did not take his time to use the proper cleaner (xylene) along with proper scuffing and it pealed in areas. If you do it in the summer it only takes about 2 hours between coats. Stripped out the interior on a Friday and by Sunday afternoon put everything back. I also bought an extra quart and did the fender wells.

Coasty

Reply to
Coasty

Just keep the Hurculiner off your Hootus.

Reply to
billy ray

Reply to
The Merg

I get out of work after 5pm if I see the jeep I pull in.

Coasty

Reply to
Coasty