Removing Wrangler Air Conditioning

I want to completely remove my air conditioning unit from my '92 Wrangler and have been unable to find any good instructions on how to deal with the belt re-routing issue. Is there a kit for removing them or a work around to deal with this that anyone can tell me about?

Reply to
Alan

L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

The non aircon TJs have a dummy pulley where the aircon sits; dunno if that would work if you could obtain one for your YJ.

Reply to
Dave Milne

Alan did pass the time by typing:

Replace it with an air compressor? :)

Reply to
DougW

Are you sure on that? My non-AC TJ Sahara just runs a shorter belt - there's even two routing maps printed under the hood. The platform where the AC would sit is empty...

Tirya

Reply to
Tirya

"> Replace it with an air compressor? :)

Or, if you are handy at wiring, a mains voltage alternator (as fitted to some boats).

Mike

Reply to
Mike

Thanks for the help I think I can figure this out now.

Reply to
Alan

Reply to
FrankW

Will try to take a pic tomorrow. Mine is RHD export ; dont know if that makes a difference.

Dave Milne

Make a dummy bracket and install an idler pulley

Reply to
HarryS

Hey, if you get all the a/c stuff out without tearing anything up, I may have a use for it. Let me know, email addy is good.

-- Old Crow '82 Shovelhead FLT 92" 'Pearl' '95 Jeep YJ Rio Grande ASE Certified Master Auto Tech + L1 TOMKAT, BS#133, SENS, MAMBM, DOF#51

Reply to
Old Crow

Truly I havnt a clue. I remember reading about it being done a long time ago with a camper vehicle, but the details escape me. But just to prove they exist, a quick trawl found this (but I cringed at the price!)

You would want to have mains alternator power pretty badly to pay those prices. mind you, they are similar to some aircon comps.

Also, although not directly mains voltage, some interesting issues can be found here.

Food for thought.

Reply to
Mike