Replace Broken Tail Light

Does anyone know where I can find instructions on how to replace a broken tail light, 1989 Cherokee? (I have a replacement en route from ebay) Thanks, Gary

Reply to
Gary

If I remember correctly (our 88 got replaced in 97 with a JGC) the taillite assembly is held to the body with a few screws that are on the outside of the tailight. Remove them and the whole plastic assembly comes off. Transfer the bulb sockets to the new assembly and then screw back onto the body. Might want to check that the gasket between the body and the taillite assembly is still sound. Its real easy, when my 17 year old backed into a pole he had the whole thing fixed in about

30 minutes, and was much more careful in reverse.

Gary wrote:

Reply to
Howard