Replacement CJ8 Front Drive Shaft

Hi all,

While following a bulldozer through a firebreak, my 82 Scrambler's front driveshaft snapped in two at the weld (stock front differential). What's odd is that I didn't hit anything, or do anything worse than spin tires in very soft dirt (I was in Low-1st & 2nd, though, trying to keep it slow). The stock front drive shaft seems pretty chintzy, so does anyone out there have any recommendations on replacement drive shafts? Or should I just have mine re-welded?

Thanks in advance.

Reply to
Michael White

L.W.(ßill) Hughes III