Replacement Fog Lights

A while back my stock fog lights got busted on my '99 Cherokee Sport right before inspection. When it went in, they told me it would be $400 to replace the lights, and when I told them no, they told me they had to take them off for the inspection since they were broken. I have recently found out that I can purchase the lights for like $50 a pop from Replacement, and have done so. However, when I hooked them up, they aren't working... so I checked the fuse box under the hood and there are two fuses there listed as "Fog Lamps" and "Fog (DLR Only)"; the latter is missing. Is this all I need to hook my fog lights back up? Can I just get this at Pep Boys or is it really "Dealer Only"... Seems rediculous to charge $400 for $100 worth of parts and 10 minutes worth of work if it's that simple...

Looking forward to your help.. Thanks.

Reply to
SecretAgentRege

There is nothing mysterious about hooking up fog lamps. If the broken ones had power, then the new ones will have power. Of course if the wires were broken when the lamps were broken, you may have to fix that first.

When a car wash broke one of the fogs on our Grand Cherokee last year, the Jeep dealer wanted about $150 for just one lamp (no labor). I went to Checker Auto and bought a pair of Hella's for $70. They are far superior to the OEM lamps.

Reply to
Dick

Thanks for the response! Upon further research, I've found that it is a big gray relay in the fuse box under the hood that is missing "Fog (DLR Only)" ... I can't find any specifications for this. Is it a part I can just buy at Pepboys or similar, or do I have to order it?

Thanks!

Reply to
SecretAgentRege

I'd be going back to that place and demand they give me back my f'in relay! If they took it out, they should have given it to you, not kept it.

Reply to
Scott in Baltimore

Hmm... it was the dealer that took it out...

Reply to
SecretAgentRege

Go here 91 bucks each

Coasty