Replacement transmission

My daughter's 1993 YJ with 155,000 miles just crunched it's second AX-5 transmission. Is there a readily available, inexpensive, bolt-in replacement 5-speed that is not an AX-5 available? Or would we be better off to replace with an automatic? If so, what is the latest auto with the same bolt pattern? Thanks for your help.

Steve snipped-for-privacy@mail.com

Reply to
chevtruck

Ask yourself this....what is your daughter doing to that poor transmission? And unless you like spam, NEVER post your email again without modification.

Reply to
Joseph P

Your big problem is no one thinks enough of the little four banger to make a clutch disk bigger than nine inches for it, and those disks don't make the centers big enough, nor the spline count for say an AX-15:

I see someone thoughtenough to bolt a fifties Chevy Muncie with the granny to it:
using a clutch disk from an'83 four. God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O mailto: snipped-for-privacy@aol.com

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

Steve said it was an AX-5. They're going on their second one in this ten year span, that's pretty good. You have Road Runner, don't blame the Usenet for them selling your address. Please don't post in Hyper Text Markup Language. God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O mailto: snipped-for-privacy@aol.com

------=_NextPart_000_00D5_01C42681.CC5B03D0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Ask yourself this....what is your = daughter doing to=20 that poor transmission?  And unless you like spam, NEVER post your = email=20 again without modification.

-- -- Joe PribeNCjpribe 'at'=20 nc.rr.com       <you know the = drilljegp=20 'at' hotmail.com      < at is really=20 @ ----   I Love My O|||||||O TJ

"chevtruck" < snipped-for-privacy@mail.com> wrote in = message=20 news:1089ai4nc0bri29@cor= p.supernews.com... My daughter's 1993 YJ with =

155,000 miles=20 just crunched it's second AX-5 transmission. Is there a readily = available,=20 inexpensive, bolt-in replacement 5-speed that is not an AX-5=20 available?        Or = would we be=20 better off to replace with an automatic? If so, what is the latest = auto with=20 the same bolt pattern?      Thanks for = your=20 help.   Steve snipped-for-privacy@mail.com

------=_NextPart_000_00D5_01C42681.CC5B03D0--

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

Bill, I use Road Runner as well, and it clearly sates in their FAQ pages that they do not sell addresses, so if you can prove that they do it would be quite interesting. It is not Usenet's fault for your address getting harvested off of the messages we post here, it is the maggots that run the email harvesting servers which scan the message headers and bodies for email addresses. I have seen one of these machines in action, and they are very efficient, unfortunately. Believe me I am not "standing up" in RR's defense. I really don't like Time Warner, but it is my only broadband internet option where I live, other than satellite, which is even more ridiculously priced than RR is here.

Chris

In news: snipped-for-privacy@cox.net, L.W. (ßill) Hughes III thought: | Steve said it was an AX-5. They're going on their second | one in this ten year span, that's pretty good. | You have Road Runner, don't blame the Usenet for them | selling your address. | Please don't post in Hyper Text Markup Language. | God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O | mailto: snipped-for-privacy@aol.com

| | | ------=_NextPart_000_00D5_01C42681.CC5B03D0 | Content-Type: text/html; | charset="iso-8859-1" | Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable | | | | | | | | | Ask yourself this....what is | your = daughter doing to=20 | that poor transmission?  And unless you like spam, NEVER | post your = | email=20 | again without modification. | -- -- Joe PribeNCjpribe 'at'=20 | nc.rr.com       <you know the | = drilljegp=20 | 'at' hotmail.com      < at is | really=20 @ ----   I Love My O|||||||O | TJ   |   | | "chevtruck" < snipped-for-privacy@mail.com&gt ; | wrote in = | message=20 | news:1089ai

4nc0bri29@cor= | p.supernews.com... | My daughter's 1993 YJ with = | 155,000 miles=20 | just crunched it's second AX-5 transmission. Is there a | readily = available,=20 | inexpensive, bolt-in replacement 5-speed that is not an | AX-5=20 available?  |       Or = would we be=20 | better off to replace with an automatic? If so, what is the | latest = auto with=20 | the same bolt pattern? |      | Thanks for = your=20 | help. |   | Steve snipped-for-privacy@mail.com

| | ------=_NextPart_000_00D5_01C42681.CC5B03D0--

That tranny should run for longer than that...I know it isn't the most loved tranny, but come on....as for posting in HTML, sorry, OE Quote fix wasn't running for some reason....and while you are at it, why don't you quit top posting.

Reply to
Joseph P

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

Hi Bill,

Usenet is a prime target for harvesting 'bots. You often see additional addresses from your domain simply because the mailer is traversing a monster list ordered by domain name and spitting out about twenty at a time. The twenty names you see in a header have likely been culled from a variety of sources:

I've posted bait addresses on Usenet from a domain I securely hosted myself and got spammed soon after.

Steve

L.W.(ßill) Hughes III wrote:

Reply to
Steve

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

Nope, I tested with a domain that I registered myself and hosted myself. Usenet harvesting was the only possible source. Only took a 2 days to start hitting me and that was a few years ago before spamming got so ferocious.

Steve

L.W.(ßill) Hughes III wrote:

Reply to
Steve

Well you can see I use my addresses in the news groups, and when I get spammed the header looks like this and rather obvious how they got it:

Return-Path: Received: from h0060088d9e26.ne.client2.attbi.com ([24.91.241.99]) by fed1rmmtai11.cox.net (InterMail vM.6.01.03.02 201-2131-111-104-20040324) with SMTP id ; Tue, 20 Apr 2004 02:17:36 -0400 Received: from 11.80.172.189 by 24.91.241.99 with SMTP; Tue, 20 Apr 2004 02:18:31 -0500 Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2004 02:18:31 -0500 From: Edmond Gallagher Reply-To: Edmond Gallagher Message-ID: To: snipped-for-privacy@cox.net, snipped-for-privacy@cox.net, snipped-for-privacy@cox.net, snipped-for-privacy@cox.net, snipped-for-privacy@cox.net, snipped-for-privacy@cox.net, snipped-for-privacy@cox.net, snipped-for-privacy@cox.net, snipped-for-privacy@cox.net, snipped-for-privacy@cox.net, snipped-for-privacy@cox.net Subject: Re: MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: text/html; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit X-Mozilla-Status: 8011 X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000 X-UIDL:

Tue, 20 Apr 2004 02:18:31 -0500

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

Or you could *start* top posting like most others here do. It is much easier to quickly find the new part of the message that way. Especially for those of us who use Google Groups to access this newsgroup.

Reply to
Bob

It just doesn't make sense that Road Runner or any ISP would want an extra

20-2000 (yes I know a non-RR customer who was getting 2000 per day) emails per day per customer going through their servers. I actually get maybe 3 or 4 a day, but I do keep my PC free of spyware using Ad Aware and Spybot. This really is the key to keeping your junk email regulated. I have 3 domains registered that I have and use email addresses for, and those get more junk than my RR address does, and I KNOW I'm not selling my own addresses to email lists. When I was on dialup years aog, I used my real email address in my Usenet posts and I got bombarded with junk email, which is why I don't use my reall address anymore.

Chris

in

href=3D"news: snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com">news:1089ai4nc0bri29@cor=

=

href=3D"mailto: snipped-for-privacy@mail.com"> snipped-for-privacy@mail.com > > LOCKQUOTE>

In news: snipped-for-privacy@cox.net, L.W. (ßill) Hughes III from was injured because:

4nc0bri29@cor= ||| p.supernews.com... ||| My daughter's 1993 YJ ||| with = 155,000 miles=20 ||| just crunched it's second AX-5 transmission. Is there a ||| readily = available,=20 ||| inexpensive, bolt-in replacement 5-speed that is not an ||| AX-5=20 available?  |||       Or = would we be=20 ||| better off to replace with an automatic? If so, what is ||| the latest = auto with=20 ||| the same bolt pattern? |||      ||| Thanks for = your=20 ||| help. |||   ||| Steve snipped-for-privacy@mail.com

Bill, the reason I get spam is because I am an idiot, not because I have a road runner account. I had screwed up and edited the wrong address in my setting when trying to alter my return address (like 3 years ago) and only about 4 months ago did I realize the mistake....that was one of the worst mistakes I have made on the web in a long time. If it weren't for filtering, I would have to open a new account...I really hate doing that...I have had the two same emails for over ten years now....jegp at aol and jegp at hotmail. Almost no spam in either account, ever, because I am careful as to where I put out those two addresses. Which is why I never use them for posting.

Reply to
Joseph P

In news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com, Bob from was injured because:

| Or you could *start* top posting like most others here do. It | is much easier to quickly find the new part of the message | that way. Especially for those of us who use Google Groups to | access this newsgroup. | | || || That tranny should run for longer than that...I know it || isn't the most loved tranny, but come on....as for posting || in HTML, sorry, OE Quote fix wasn't running for some || reason....and while you are at it, why don't you quit top || posting.

I use to, but I post in alot in other groups as well, and this is the only one where no one seems to care...gear heads could give a flying frick about usenet etiquette...but in OS groups and tech groups, you get flamed like crazy. Why on earth do you use google groups?

Reply to
Joseph P

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

In news: snipped-for-privacy@cox.net, L.W. (ßill) Hughes III from was injured because:

| If deleting too much spam bothers you then open an | account with @spamcop.net then only those with a real address | may mail you. God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O | mailto: snipped-for-privacy@aol.com

| | Joseph P wrote: || || Bill, the reason I get spam is because I am an idiot, not || because I have a road runner account. I had screwed up and || edited the wrong address in my setting when trying to alter || my return address (like 3 years ago) and only about 4 months || ago did I realize the mistake....that was one of the worst || mistakes I have made on the web in a long time. If it || weren't for filtering, I would have to open a new || account...I really hate doing that...I have had the two same || emails for over ten years now....jegp at aol and jegp at || hotmail. Almost no spam in either account, ever, because I || am careful as to where I put out those two addresses. Which || is why I never use them for posting. || || -- || -- || Joe Pribe || NC || || Pull my finger to reply by email. || || jpribe 'at' nc.rr.com || jegp 'at' hotmail.com || || I Love My O|||||||O

You can do that on most any server nowadays, why would I go out and get ANOTHER email address...between personal, projects, and work, I already have 8 that I check, 3 of those daily....

Reply to
Joseph P

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

In news: snipped-for-privacy@cox.net, L.W. (ßill) Hughes III from was injured because:

| Spam, has never bothered me that much either. | God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O | mailto: snipped-for-privacy@aol.com

| | Joseph P wrote: || || || You can do that on most any server nowadays, why would I go || out and get ANOTHER email address...between personal, || projects, and work, I already have 8 that I check, 3 of || those daily.... || || -- || -- || Joe Pribe || NC || || Pull my finger to reply by email. || || jpribe 'at' nc.rr.com || jegp 'at' hotmail.com || || I Love My O|||||||O

Exactly what I was going for...

Reply to
Joseph P