Reset computer on '02 TJ

A couple of days ago, I posted that I had a miss (cyl #5) on my '02 TJ Sport, 6 cyl, auto trans, for just a few minutes. The miss cleared itself after just a few minutes, but the check engine light stayed on.

Yesterday, I disconnected the battery for about 3 minutes to clear the check engine light and re-set the computer and interestingly enough, my cruise control now works better than ever.

Ever since new, when I would set the cruise, I would get a slight engine surge, then the cruise would settle down to the speed that was set. Since it did this from the day I bought it new, I thought it was just a normal "Jeep thing" - un-refined cruise control.

Since re-setting the computer, the cruise now sets nice and smoothly, just like a "normal" car. Works better than ever. It only took 36000 miles to finally have a nice smooth cruise control engagement.

Tom

Reply to
mabar

twaldron