right front wheel shakes whenever I hit a small hole or bump.

My right front wheel shakes out of control sometimes when I hit a small bump. It is only on the right front do I feel the tire shaking. Any clue what this is and what the damage will be? (heading to the autoparts store in 2 hours) Thanks

Reply to
woobles

woobles did pass the time by typing:

you might have thrown a wheel weight or have a bad shock. Now do both tires bounce and make the steering wheel feel like it's wobbling from side to side? This is death-wobble and is usually caused by a dead steering damper.

If your going to replace that damper you will need to borrow a pitman arm puller to get that bolt out. (or I guess you could re-use the bolt, but most folk replace it)

Reply to
DougW

Reply to
twaldron

Thanks for the tips, checking all out now.

Reply to
ApprenticeFan