Roof rack question

95 XJ Sport

I'm trying to replace one of the cross members for the roof rack, but I can't get the cap at the end of the rail to come off.

I've removed the bolt at the end of the rail, but something else is holding the cap to the rail.

I'm guessing there must be a tab somewhere holding it on, but I can't see much inside the rail, and after seeing how poorly designed the cross member release buttons were designed, I don't want to risk brute-forcing the end caps off.

Anyone know how to get this done??

TIA

noneofyourbusiness

L.W. (Bill) Hughes III

I just got a Garvin Wilderness Expedition roof rack for my '07 J

Wrangler. The rear supports are mounted by a couple bolts that need t be attached through the body tub. I've heard of some problems occurrin when the stress/movement of the roof rack causes the tub to flex an enlarge the bolt holes. Has anyone run into this problem or have an insight? I was thinking about adding some corner guards to help suppor the tub. Do you think this is a worthwhile idea? Any suggestions abou which corners to go with? I've heard that the warriors don't fit ver well, and I don't think Poison Spyder has made any yet.

Thanks Stev

-- Joe Bee

this thread:

Joe Beer