Rubi leaking from dash

Okay, brand new, one month old Rubicon. Took it to the carwash this evening (probably my first mistake, but it's literally like 15 degrees F outside) and as I drove away I noticed a small green puddle in the passenger side footwell (in the lipped plastic type mat). At almost the same moment, the blower started to scream. So I pulled over and checked it out. Turns out the soapy water from the carwash came through the cowl vent right into my passenger footwell. It was dripping from the blower. I also have a '98 TJ and never had this problem with it. Is this a new problem? Am I taking it back to the dealer for service? Also, it's not coolant 'cause the Rubi has the pink stuff in the radiator.

Thanks again.

Jay

Reply to
JVC

I'm suprised that your 98 didnt do it also... I know there was a TSB on this for the

98's.

Reply to
jbjeep

The fresh air to the heating duct work gets air from the vent in front of the windshield and any water that gets in there will / should drain out a little tube on the fire wall (below the battery on a YJ). At least that is how the YJ's are constructed. I suspect your drain is either plugged or frozen and it has over flowed into the intake for the heater and AC assembly.

To test the dra>Okay, brand new, one month old Rubicon. Took it to the carwash this

Reply to
Jeepster

Thats correct.

Reply to
jbjeep

I can't imagine washing anything in 15° temps.

Reply to
CRWLR

Reply to
Jeepster

  • * * Matt Macchiarolo
Matt Macchiarolo

It really is a shame that after 8 years of the TJ model, Jeep's quality control is so poor that you still get leaks on the passenger floor from AC evaporator water splash back, and leaks from cowl vents when going through car washes, or during heavy rains.

I absolutely love my '02 TJ, but these quality control issues are disgusting and NOT ACCEPTABLE.

Is anyone from Jeep listening? How long does it take to "work the bugs" out of a vehicle. The TJ has been out since 1996 and these same issues keep coming up.

Tom

snip

Reply to
mabar

Yes, I would take it to the dealer. It certainly is a warranty item. New vehicles SHOULD NOT leak when going through a car wash.

Tom

Reply to
mabar

Totally agree.

Dave Milne, Scotland

Reply to
Dave Milne

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

Nope, not core leak. All the new Jeeps have the extended life pink coolant.

Jay

L.W.(ßill) Hughes III wrote:

Reply to
JVC