Rubicon electronic sway bar disconnect replacement?

I have convinced my significant other that we need a new Rubi in order to plow our very long driveway. My son has a Fisher plow on his '99 TJ. I'd like to put a Fisher on the Rubi to have 'backup' capabilities with my son's rig. However, Fisher's plow mount interferes with the Rubi's electronic sway bar disconnect. Is it feasible to replace the electronic disconnect with a solid sway bar? Otherwise, it looks like the Sahara for me. ;(

I don't know how it would affect the computer, but physically I don't see why you wouldn't be able to switch to a solid sway bar.

Several months back, there was a brief period where the new JK Rubi electronic disconnect bar was priced wrong, and several people bought them when it was discovered that they were almost a perfect drop-in replacement for the YJ's solid bar. I ordered one, but the supply ran quickly dry and DC realized the pricing mistake before I got one, so they canceled my order.

Going the other direction, from an electronic disconnecting bar to a YJ bar should be dirt cheap, if you can find one in a bone yard. :)

Reply to
Garth Almgren

Found the link if you're curious:

Garth Almgren

That's exactly what I was looking for! Many thanks for sharing your expertise.

Best regards, D/