Rubicon Express 2" budget boost??

Thanks to everyone for their help and advice. I have decided to go with the Rubicon Express 2" budget boost. I still have a few questions.

- I am also going to go with the GY Wrangler MTS 31x10.5 15's on my factory wheels. Unless I can get away with the 32's on these wheels???

- Should I get the lift done first? and then the tires, or vice versa?

any other suggestions?

Thanks again

--------------------------------------------------------------------------- I'm about to get my income tax return and plan to blow it on my '02 Wrangler. For starters I need to get new tires and have decided on keeping my factory wheels and going one size up to 31x10.5 15, which I understand is the largest tire that will fit those rims??? (will they rub??)

I also want to replace the factory shocks with some new Rancho RSX or RS5000 (* Buy 3 get 1 free*, which is better?) and possibly a Rancho steering stabilizer. I want to do this to get a nicer ride while on the road.

What I really need help with is deciding on whether I need a body lift ( 2") or will I be OK without it. I cant afford to get a suspension lift. (at least for this year) Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Reply to
Arnold

You could run 36's on those rims, I run 33's on my stock 7" rims.

It is the width that counts, not the height. A stock rim is good for a

10.5" wide tire and some folks run 12.5" wide but that is pushing it.

You can fit 31x10.5's on your Jeep without any modifications. Lift it

2" and you can go to 33's. The 33's are only 1" taller under the fender where it counts than the 31's.

Lift first unless you are only going to 31's then it doesn't matter a bit which first.

Mike

Arnold wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

I run 31's with my ~2" spacer lift. In theory, since 31's will fit stock, you could fit 33's with the 2" lift (like Mike mentioned). I've never seen it done though, and don't think I'd recommend it. I have seen 32's on a Wrangler with the exact same lift as mine, and although they fit, there was some minor rubbing at full flex. I've kind of toyed with the idea of going to 32's myself on my next set, not sure yet. One of the problems for me is that I intend on keeping my stock alloy wheels, and their backspacing isn't really acceptable for an

11.5" wide tire, which is the common width of most 32's.

I'd lift first, then get the tires. Some tire jo>Thanks to everyone for their help and advice. I have decided to go

Reply to
David C. Moller

.....ya know david.....of all the hardcore jeeping pictures ive seen and have on hand,

is stillamonst my favorite. in fact i think its second only to this one
.

Reply to
Nathan W. Collier

Hehehehe thanks, Nathan (or are you messin' with me? hehehe). It's funny how pictures turn out sometimes. You take a pic of you climbing some off-camber hill with a pucker factor of 9.6, get home, download it, and it looks like the tamest thing ever. Other times, for some reason, everything just kinda comes together and you get a good pic. That particular stream is funny... depending on the time of year, it's either nice and full (like in that shot), or dang near bone dry. Considering I'm only at 2" lift with 31's, it isn't all that rough, and I've even seen a stock Grand Cherokee (with rocker protection) make it across with some good/careful driving (not sure what his undercarriage looked like though, cuz even I end up banging around on a few boulders hehehe). But with the water at a it's higher level, it makes for a fun part of the trail, and turned out to be a good pic I think. Glad you like it (unless you're messing with me? hehehehe).

Now, whether yer messing with me or not (I don't think you are, but you know our history hehehe), I dig that snow pic, too! Do you know who that is? It's another Washington plate (like mine), and I'm betting a '99 (like mine) based on the lettering hehehe. Would love to find out where that pic was taken, and maybe make a run with him/her/them.

Dave

Reply to
David C. Moller

absolutely not brother. its an awesome pic that represents jeeping...or what jeeping is to me anyway.

yup....thats sean prinz.

like that picture so much that its the "official" current logo of my siteand is shown in the upper left hand corner of every page on my site.

sean also reads/participates in this newsgroup. ill give him a pointer to this thread.

Reply to
Nathan W. Collier

That 'stream' shot is really nice!

Mike

Mike Romain

Thanks, Mike!

Dave

Reply to
David C. Moller

That pic was taken on Mount Zion above Quilcene on the Olympic peninsula. From Quilcine, drive 2 miles north on US 101 to Lords lake Loop Road. Turn left (west) & follow the road 3.4 miles to Forest Service Road 28. Turn left and follow Forest Service Road 28, stay right at the three-way fork. The road becomes Forest Service Road 2810 at Bon Jon Pass.

Sean

i like that picture so much that its the "official" current logo of mysite

Reply to
Sean Prinz

Thanks, Sean. I assume that it's only a 'fun run' if done in the winter?

Dave

Reply to
David C. Moller

yeah...it is forest service roads. There are some very scenic views up there though.

Sean

Reply to
Sean Prinz