Rust at Windshield corners

My 98 Cherokee has developed rust bubbles at the top of the roof at the corner of the windshield and roof. Is this normal? What is the cure?

Reply to
THOR

As far as every XJ I've seen including mine, its normal..... The only real fix is to remove the headliner, better yet remove the complete interior (except drivers seat), sand down and grind out the rust then drive to your closest rustcheck or even krown retailer and have them spray the hell out of your jeep.

The cheap way to fix it,, sand out the rust (grind it our if its bad), use a good quality filler then prep it and paint it.... The windshield area of the roof rusts out due to water leaks along the window trim, but all it takes is a small space for water to sit and cause rust. So once fixed, apply some clear rtv to the spaces between the trim and the roof.

Snow...

Reply to
Snow