safari door question

anyone have the safari doors for a tj? I just aquired a set and put them on. There seems to be a small round piece of rubber you put on the striker so the door will latch.. It is a little flimsy... the door has about 1/2 inch play..it wont come open but when driving it vibrates a bit. Is there a way to tighten it?? I wrapped electrical tape around the rubber parts to try and tighten it but it didnt work to well.

Reply to
Jarod Sprauer

The round piece that fits over the striker is actually plastic or nylon tubing with a slit in it allowing you to slide it over the striker. Try Home Depot or Lowes for some 1/2" nylon tubing. Cut to size and split it, then slide over the striker. The actual thickness very slight -- perhaps

1/32" but < 1/16" thick.
Reply to
reconair

ty very much